Superintendent- Correctional Construction
BELL is currently looking for a Superintendent with Correctional Construction experience to join our team. If being a part of our team is what you are looking for, and you possess the following qualifications, we want to hear from you.
SUCCESSFUL EXECUTION OF REQUIRED DUTIES:
- Ensures compliance with our company’s safety program Has a solid understanding of construction safety practices and takes appropriate corrective actions with both Bell employees and subcontractors to alleviate hazards as needed. Follows through with appropriate disciplinary action that is required i.e. write-ups, suspensions etc.
- Correctional facility knowledge Has in depth understanding of correctional facility construction sequencing, testing, and turnover procedures.
- Oversees crew to ensure quality of work and adherence of all Bell employment policies.
- Keeps job on schedule Has authority to plan, direct and prioritize all trades on the project to keep it moving and successfully completed on time and in budget.
- Ensures Compliance Aware of and observes all building codes, company, state, OSHA, safety rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Manages Material Resources Works with Project Managers to develop and maintain schedules and Constructability Reviews. Keeps daily reports and weather logs current and accurate.
- Successfully Manage Employees Has ability to make recommendations concerning pay raises or disciplinary actions for lower level employees.
- Communicates Effectively with other trades and/or subcontractors, regarding schedules and coordination of work to meet deadlines.
- Circumvents/Resolves Issues Advises manager of potential problems, works interferences, schedule difficulties, etc., when issues arise.
- EEO/AA Compliant Follows all requirements to ensure compliance. Making sure all employees know Bell’s policies and employee rights. Also making sure facilities are non-segregated and graffiti free.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR PROJECT SUCCESS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of experience managing Correctional Building projects ranging in scale from $10 million – $50+ million.
- Exceptional management and leadership skill sets.
- Capability to maintain clear and concise communication (written and verbal) on all levels with associated management and staff
- BELL does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resumes submitted to a BELL employee without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and property of Bell & Associates Construction, LLC. Please, no phone calls or emails.
- BELL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- If qualified and interested, please send resume and project list to: firstname.lastname@example.org