Senior A/P Accountant
Responsible for performing various accounting tasks to ensure accurately and timely completion of work within accounts payable.
- Follows established systems, procedures, and policies, including accounts payable functions, to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Assists in processing payment of vendor and subcontractor invoices; checks to make sure all subcontractors are in compliance before releasing funds.
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and that accurate records are being maintained.
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Builds and retains vendor relationships. Assists in handling: check/electronic disbursements, 1099s, W-9s, lien waivers, retainages, compliances, balancing vendor statements, joint check disbursements and balance confirmations from suppliers.
- Resolves discrepancies on invoices, statements and reports by interfacing with other departments and/or vendors/subcontractors.
- Assists with the coding and processing of invoices as required to aid in job cost controls and works with PM' s on budget issues.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor for cost effective methods of accomplishing specific functions.
- Prepares special reports and performs various other general accounting tasks as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting
- Minimum 2 years Construction Accounts Payable experience or combination of equivalent training and experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Basic understanding of general construction accounting.
- Ability to adapt quickly to accounting software – Viewpoint experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills