Project Manager - Correctional Construction
BELL is currently looking for a Project Manager with Correctional Construction experience to join our team. If being a part of our team is what you are looking for, and you possess the following qualifications, we want to hear from you.
SUCCESSFUL EXECUTION OF REQUIRED DUTIES
- Ensures compliance with our company’s safety program. Has a solid understanding of construction safety practices, assists the project superintendent to establish and maintain a safe working environment for all workers.
- Supports preconstruction efforts including quantity takeoff, trade coordination, scope, confirmation, and constructability reviews.
- Oversees buyout schedule. Identifies successful bidders, verifies pricing and scope, provides gap analysis against initial scope and manages issuance subcontracts.
- Strong knowledge of ground up construction. Has a good understanding of all trades, including MEP. Performs as an expert in many areas and continues to expand basic construction knowledge. Facilitates early site Logistics plan.
- Prepares project schedule. Works with Project Superintendent to develop, update and prepare a detailed construction schedule and performance constructability analysis for both preconstruction and construction activities. Leads subcontractor job walks on large projects.
- Prepares monthly and margin forecasts costs with input from superintendent and project team, throughout the project. Reviews cost relative to the budget and highlights discrepancies to ensure successful financial performance.
- Identifies potential schedule impacts Plans for them including scope, weather, manpower and changes.
- Has a solid understanding of the different delivery methods and contract types. Is able to manage construction management, design-build, and design-assist relationships.
- Provides a variety of regular reporting and analysis to project teams to communicate overall project status and profitability.
- Builds successful project teams. Coordinates the various stakeholders (subcontractors, owner, field design team, vendors, etc.) of the project to work cooperatively to attain stated goals.
- Leads overall project closeout process. Uses best practice standards, tools and processes such as project specific punch-list approach and integrates owner, CM, and designers into program. Arranges and attends punch-list walkthrough.
- Elevates discussions to next level employee at sub company when discussions and actions with sub members are not working effectively. Makes subcontractor selection and manages entire subcontract process. Can negotiate and resolve nearly all subcontractor issues.
- Proactively identifies problems and recommends solutions. Utilizes awareness, experience and knowledge for review and implementation by the team.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR PROJECT SUCCESS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of experience managing Correctional Building projects ranging in scale from $10 million – $50+ million.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional management and leadership skill sets.
- Must have the capability to maintain clear and concise communication (written and verbal) on all levels with associated management and staff.
- Specific software literacy (Viewpoint, Blue Beam, Microsoft Office, Onscreen Take-Offs, CAD reader (operate CAD files) preferred.
- If qualified and interested, please send resume and project list to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bell & Associates Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Strongly Encouraged to Apply.
BELL does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resumes submitted to a BELL employee without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and property of Bell & Associates Construction, LLC. Please, no phone calls or emails.