Project Engineer - Heavy Highway
The Project Engineer will be responsible for assisting in the planning, development, coordination, and management of onsite construction engineering activities for a wide range of transportation projects.
- Collaborate with the project manager, superintendent, subcontractors, engineers, architects, and other key team members of the project.
- Participate in the preparation of job billing, subcontractor and supplier payments, and monthly forecasting.
- Work with project team to perform various tasks such as preparing and updating the project schedule and monitoring crew size and equipment needs.
- Monitor material deliveries and subcontractor performance to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Perform quantity takeoffs and assist the Estimator with the development of project cost.
- Negotiate and draft agreements for purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Conduct job site visits to monitor progress and adherence to safety and quality.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Science, or related field.
- General knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and capable of learning other project management and estimating software.
- Capable of reading and understanding contract documents, sketches, and specifications.
- Previous experience working with governmental agencies
- Knowledge of TDOT Standard Drawings and Specifications
opportunity to grow into Superintendent or Project Manager/Estimator.
- BELL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- If qualified and interested, please send resume and project list to: email@example.com