Human Resources Director
The Human Resources Director is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of recruiting, talent management, workforce development, performance management, compensation and benefits, and HR policies and procedures. The HR Director provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team, shareholders, and the board of directors.
- This position is directly responsible for providing leadership and direction for the Human Resources Department.
- Works with the division and department leaders to proactively develop and enhance BELL's People strategy needed to provide a competitive advantage and financial success.
- Collaborates with management to establish strategy, practices and policies to support the achievement of BELL's strategic vision. Identifies ways to support this vision through talent management.
- Develops and implements a Talent Management Strategy to ensure we have the right talent in the right position at the right time.
- Responsible for all areas of Talent Management, including Talent Acquisition, Workforce Development, Human Resources and Compensation & Benefits.
- Direct and guide the recruitment, interviewing, testing, placement, appraisal, transfer, promotion, demotion, and termination of employees.
- Regularly interacts with managers and leaders at all levels to ensure effective and engaged leadership exists with the necessary skills, competencies, and experiences to guide their teams to success.
- Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive compensation (salary and bonus) and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet human capital needs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a Performance Management program to include establishing and measurement of employee performance goals, performance assessment and adherence to company philosophies and core values.
- Partners with senior and executive leadership to identify, communicate training needs to address current and future skills gaps.
- Coaches and develops supervisors on industry best practices to meet company goals relating to long term employee retention.
- Drafts and manages the budget for the human resources department.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management to ensure compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, counselling, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- A proven track record of combining a deep understanding of the business and partnering with business leadership in creating and implementing solutions which positively help the business achieve its objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
Education and Experience:
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field preferred.
- 10-15 years of HR experience, with at least five years of management HR experience.
- Professional certifications in the Human Resource Management area preferred (e.g. SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, CBP, CCP, CEBS).
- Experience in construction or related industry strongly preferred.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
- BELL does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resumes submitted to a BELL employee without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and property of Bell & Associates Construction, LLC. Please, no phone calls or emails.
- BELL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.