General Construction Carpenter - Knoxville
Lays out work from plans or sketch. Builds wooden structures; such as concrete forms, falsework, pouring, chute, scaffold, etc. Builds in place to line and grade or prefabricates in units to be erected later forms for bridge, drainage structure, wall, pile driving, etc.
- Formwork for footings, walls, floors, columns, highway structures, and others
- Framing floors, walls, roof, stairs, heavy timber, structural studs, and others
- Reads and works off blue prints and puts the work in place
- Ability to weld, cut, grind and shoot grade.
- Layout including building lines, elevations, wall and partition layouts.
- Finish work including (i.e., finish trim, doors, frames, and hardware) and ceiling systems.
- Safety including scaffold systems, walkways, shoring, sheds, weather protection, care of tools and equipment. Installs fall protection systems.
- Direct and train assigned helpers and apprentices.
- Effectively use the tools of the trade.
Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of construction experience
- Possess reasonable mechanical ability in working with tools and materials of the trade.
- Able to follow instruction and direction from more experienced workers.
- Basic knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures such as bridges and roads.
- Manual dexterity, repetitive motion, good eye/hand coordination, withstand vibration from equipment, strength and endurance.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting weights of fifty pounds or greater, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Requires adequate vision and hearing to avoid hazard to self or others.
- Perform essential functions of the job while at great heights (such as bridgework), and outdoors during all months of the year.
- Follows safety rules, identifies hazards, and takes appropriate actions needed to alleviate hazards.
- Understands and follows basic safety instructions required for work on job site.
BELL offers Stay & Referral Bonuses and Benefits such as: 401K Match, PTO, and Holiday Pay.
Bell & Associates Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Strongly Encouraged to Apply.
BELL does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resumes submitted to a BELL employee without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and property of Bell & Associates Construction, LLC. Please, no phone calls or emails.