Construction Laborer - Knoxville
A laborer helps perform basic tasks on building, transportation, and heavy construction projects, as well as tunnel and shafts, excavations, and demolition sites. A skilled laborer may operate hand and power tools of all types, clean and prepare sites, and assist other craft workers.
Assists others (i.e., skilled – laborer, carpenter, finishers, etc.) in the following as directed:
- Usually works in a utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where demands require a worker with varied experience and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Tend pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools such as demolishing buildings, sawing rough lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, uses a cutting torch for demolition work on steel or other metal structures
- Mixes ingredients to create compounds, used to cover or clean surfaces.
- Ability to load and unload trucks as well as haul and hoist materials.
- Erects and disassembles scaffolding, shoring, braces, and other temporary structures.
- Builds and positions forms for pouring concrete and dismantles forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Places concrete and cures concrete, fine grading, hand excavation, and dewatering.
- Applies caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, & EXPERIENCE:
- 1 to 3 years of construction experience
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures such as bridges and roads are a plus.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Perform essential functions of the job while at great heights (such as bridgework), and outdoors during all months of the year.
- Understand and follow basic safety instructions required for work on job site.
BELL offers Stay & Referral Bonuses and Benefits such as: 401K Match, PTO, and Holiday Pay.
Bell & Associates Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Strongly Encouraged to Apply.
BELL does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resumes submitted to a BELL employee without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and property of Bell & Associates Construction, LLC. Please, no phone calls or emails.