Drives truck equipped with various configurations of materials to various job sites within Davidson County. Drive a single axel dump truck pulling a 25' equipment trailer. Loading and facilitating movement of equipment.
Follows all safety requiremrnts and proceedures outlined by all regulatory agencies and company policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive a dump truck
- Perform daily truck equipment inspections and all required safety equipment including, but not limited to; tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water, etc. Before each shift to assure equipment is safe for usage.
- Accurately maintain mileage and daily work delviery tickets, etc.
- Pick up & deliver materials and equipment to various job sites.
- Maintain truck and trailer clean and in working condition.
- Assist job site field crews when needed.
- Position any blocks and / or tarps to secure load for transit.
- Connects/discconects various trailers for a variety of truck configurations.
- Loads, Unloads, and secures equipment on trailer. Secure equipment.
Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essental duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and / or ability required. Must posses a Commercial Driver's License w/ Endorsments as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, & EXPERIENCE:
- Possess licenses, and certifications as required by law.
- Basic knowledge of how to securte materials and equipment on a trailer.
- Must be able to drive a manual shift.
- Undergo and pass a "field operational"test as required by Supervisor
- Must be able to pass a Background check.
- Must have a clean Driving record.
- Dexterity and good coordination of eyes, hands, fingers, and feet.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions.
Bell and Associates Construction is a Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.