Drives truck perfoms on construction projects any combination of the duties described more fully, below. The Lowboy drivers primary function is to safely load and secure equipment to be moved to various locations throughout Nashville. This job description may also perform a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the work flow dictates.
Follow all safety requirements and proceedures outlined by all regulatory agencies and company policies.
- Deliver equipment in a timely manner to construction job sites.
- Make sure truck is stocked with appropriate chains, straps and safety equipment.
- Secure equipment correctly and meets DOT requirements.
- Daily inspection of the truck and trailer prior to departure.
- Must have familiarity with safe operation of construction equipment.
- Responsible for the safe loading and unloading of construction equipment.
- Drive truck equipped with different trailer combinations.
- Must be able to work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment in challenging situations and locations.
- Must comply with all DOT regulations and have a commitment to focus on safety in all aspects.
- Position any blocks and / or tarps to secure load for transit.
- Connects/disconnects various trailers for a variety of truck configurations.
Perform additional assignments per supervisor's directions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and / or ability required. Must possess a Class A Driver's License w/ Endorsements as required. Current medical certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, & EXPERIENCE:
- Possess licenses, and certifications as required by law.
- Basic knowledge of how to secure materials and equipment on a trailer.
- Must be able to pass a Background check.
- Must have a clean Driving Record.
- Dexterity and good coordination of eyes, hands, fingers, and feet.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs, and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and hadling of materials.
- Use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
BELL AND ASSOCIATES CONSTRUCTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE STRONLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY