Operates a wide variety of heavy equipment and related equipment to excavate, grade and move earth, erect structural and reinforcing steel and pour concrete or other hard surface paving material.
Operate as specified the following equipment:
- Class A: Backhoe/Hydraulic Excavator (3/4 yard and over) , Crane, End Loader (3 yards and over) , Motor Patrol (Finish) , Pile Driver, Dragline.
- Class B: Backhoe/Hydraulic Excavator (less than 3/4 yard) , Bull dozer or Push dozer, End Loader (less than 3 yards).
- Class C: Concrete finsihing Machine.
- Adjusts handwheels, deprsses pedals and moves levers to drive equipment and cotrol attachments such as blades, buckets, scrapers and swing boom. Turn valves to control air and water output of compressors and pumps.
- Repairs, maintains and services equipment as needed.
- Signals directions or warnings to coworkers.
Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, & EXPERIENCE:
- Heavy equipment operators must have a good grasp of the application of mathematics, and an ability to read plans and surveying markers. A grrasp of mechanics, hydraulics, and electricity to diagnose simple problems and repair the equipment is required.
- Basic knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Possess licenses, and certifications as required by law.
- Undergo and pass a "field operational"test as required by equipment manager.
- Dexterity and good coordination of eyes, hands, fingers, and feet.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Use hands and arms in handling, installing, postioning, and moving materiasl, and manipulating things.
- Perform essential functions of the job while at great heights ( such as bridgework) , and outdoors during all months of the year.
- Understand and follow basic safety instructions required for work on job
Bell and Associates Construction is "An Equal Opportunity Employer" Minorities and females are highly encouraged to apply.